Assistant Project Leader 100m+ Superyacht projects
MULTI.engineering attaches a lot of importance to being a good employer, because satisfied employees are the key to a successful organization. Within our family environment you work closely with your colleagues who have the drive to realize projects successfully. We want to continue growing every day, and also offer you that opportunity. We look at what the future will need and set our ambitions accordingly. We attach importance to reliability, involvement, freedom and flexibility.
The business unit Maritime & Offshore has offices in Belgium, The Netherlands and Slovakia. From our Business Unit Fleet Support Services we support clients with drydock and ship management projects on site worldwide. We are currently looking for an Assistant Project Leader for a project of one of our clients in Vlissingen, The Netherlands. The project concerns the drydock and daily technical management of a Superyacht. The project will start at the beginning of November 2022. The intended duration is 6 months, with the option of a longer employment. Regarding location, during refit periods works are at the yard (in winter season) and in the other seasons work from home or travel to/from vessel if needed. Tasks & responsibilities In the role of Assistant Project Leader you are responsible for coordinating the daily technical management of the ship. In this particular case, you start with supporting the management of a drydock project of a 120m+ Superyacht. Together with the Senior Project Manager you manage the operational process and working methods at the yard. You are the client's point of contact on site. • Set up an efficient and regular communication line with the clients
• Communication with authorities (Class, Flag, Port states).
• Defining a detailed maintenance budget.
• Monitoring the on-board refit tasks and make sure that the technical state of the vessel remains in line with the Owner’s expectations (Budget, Asset Value, Availability, Performances…) and particularly compliant with the class and safety regulations.
• Planning and organizing the periodic maintenance periods in accordance to the Owner’ schedule.
• Defining work lists and scope of work specifications.
• Supervision of Shipyards and Contractors’ work during repair or maintenance period.
• Ensuring respect of budget, delivery time, safety and workmanship standards
ProfileTechnical knowledge & soft skills - You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field - You have an Engineering background in de Shipbuilding / Maritime industry - Conversant in AutoCAD and Rhino 3D - You have good communication skills - You have quality and planning awareness - You are a strong personality who can handle matters with policy with a sense of diplomacy - You have empathy and adaptability - You have an excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written) - You are willing to travel and work abroad for a long period of time
Our offer to you
Good conditions in line with your experience; You will have the chance to work on a sensational project; You will be part of the Fleet Support Services network of Multi. This gives you access to sensational international projects and opportunities;