Basic Designer Plans & Arrangements
Multi.Engineering attaches a lot of importance to being a good employer, because satisfied employees are the key to a successful organization. Within our family environment you work closely with your colleagues who have the drive to realize projects successfully. We want to continue growing every day, and also offer you that opportunity. We look at what the future will need and set our ambitions accordingly. We attach importance to reliability, involvement, freedom and flexibility.
The business unit Maritime & Offshore has offices in Belgium, The Netherlands and Slovakia. We are currently looking for a Basic Designer Plans & Arrangements who can work at the location of our clients in The Netherlands.
Tasks & responsibilities
You will be part of the basic engineering team in the structural department and support them in the design of plans and arrangements. You could also be involved in the detail engineering phase to work on production drawings.
You will make the requested engineering information, such as construction plans, 3D models of ship structures, block- and foundation drawings, as well as outer deck arrangements.
Also you will support the outsourced detail engineering and generate technical specifications. On top you monitor the technical output of subcontracting and vending parties.
Technical knowledge & soft skills
- You minimally have a bachelor degree in a technical field, by preference Naval Architecture or Structural Engineering;
- You are a Structural Engineer who has minimally 5 years of relevant experience in the basic engineering phase in the shipbuilding / offshore industry;
- You are familiar with 2D and 3D CAD design packages such as Nupas-Cadmatic-Hull and Catia;
- You have an excellent knowledge of the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- You have European citizenship;
- You are accurate, decisive and efficient. Also you have good communication skills;
- Furthermore you are someone who gets energy of a driven atmosphere where colleagues support each other and where your own contribution is appreciated.
Our offer to you
- Good salary according to education and experience with secondary benefits;
- You will have the chance to work on challenging projects;
- A lot of attention will be given to your personal guidance by your Lead Engineer/ Team Leader and HR from a both technical and personal point of view.
- You can participate to several customized trainings and join the open training offer of Multi.
- Sylvie Rooms
- Email address