P&ID (Diagram) Engineer with shipbuilding experience
MULTI.engineering attaches a lot of importance to being a good employer, because satisfied employees are the key to a successful organization. Within our family environment you work closely with your colleagues who have the drive to realize projects successfully. We want to continue growing every day, and also offer you that opportunity. We look at what the future will need and set our ambitions accordingly. We attach importance to reliability, involvement, freedom and flexibility. The business unit Maritime & Offshore has offices in Belgium, The Netherlands and Slovakia. We are currently looking for a P&ID (Diagram) Engineer with shipbuilding experience to work at the location of our customer via projectsourcing.
Technical knowledge & soft skills
- Design ship systems for maritime projects in collaboration with an interdisciplinary project team;
- Carry out the calculations on the sizes of piping;
- Design HVAC systems and perform the basic routing of the ducts to the accommodation area;
- Carry out technical discussions with other colleagues of the mechanical department and other disciplines;
- Review production drawings before they are sent to class or the shipyard;
- Checks data issued by the suppliers and makes sure the communication and interfacing is in line with the technical specification department;
- Point of contact for junior designers in the team.
Our offer to you
- Minimally a bachelor degree in a technical field or equal with experience;
- Minimally 4 years of experience with piping systems in the Maritime or Offshore industry;
- Knowledge of 2D drawing software like AutoCAD. Knowledge of 3D drawings packages like Siemens NX or Cadmatic-Piping is a plus;
- Excellent command of English (written & verbal). Dutch is a plus;
- Good communicator and team player. Willingness to coach and guide other team members;
- Flexible, well organized and precise working attitude.