Project Manager Dry Dock Projects
MULTI.engineering attaches a lot of importance to being a good employer, because satisfied employees are the key to a successful organization. Within our family environment you work closely with your colleagues who have the drive to realize projects successfully. We want to continue growing every day, and also offer you that opportunity. We look at what the future will need and set our ambitions accordingly. We attach importance to reliability, involvement, freedom and flexibility.
The business unit Maritime & Offshore has offices in Belgium, The Netherlands and Slovakia. From our Business Unit Fleet Support Services we support clients with new construction projects on site worldwide. We are currently looking for a Project Manager Dry Dock Projects for repair projects all over the globe.
The project The projects concern the major repairs of several workboats and offshore vessels. The projects start directly, several major repairs have been planned during 2022. The intended duration is 6 - 12 months, with option for extension. Docking location is to be defined.
Tasks & responsibilities In the role of Project Manager Dry Dock Projects you are responsible for the overall management of the project. This will include activities like major repairs, mobilisations and modifications of our fleet.
- You are responsible for the overall management of the project. This will include activities like major repairs, mobilisations and modifications of the fleet;
- You make clear agreements with everyone involved. You ensure that the project is on schedule, by frequent contact with internal departments and 3rd parties;
- You ensure that the project is completed within budget, by proper monitoring of costs and by controlling variation orders to the contract during the project;
- You ensure that the project is completed on time, according the correct specification and quality standards;
- You are in close contact with all related stakeholders like, Operations, QHSE, Purchasing and Logistics, HR, Crewing, Finance and Vessel Teams;
- You will manage one or more projects simultaneously, depending on the size of the projects;
- You regular report towards the management about the project progress.
Technical knowledge & soft skills
- It is a benefit if you have a proven track record in Projectmanagement of repair / maintenance projects in shipbuilding, but this is not a requirement. Experience in the heavy industry (Oil & Gas, Offshore, Energy, Process) with managing large projects could also be of interest of the client;
- You are able to see and manage the big picture;
- You have empathy and adaptability;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- You have quality and planning awareness;
- If necessary you are willing to travel and work abroad for mainly short trips.
Our offer to you
- Good day-rate in line with your experience;
- You will have the chance to work on a sensational project;
- You will be part of the Fleet Support Services network of Multi. This gives you access to sensational international projects and opportunities.