Sales Engineer & Business Development
No engineers, no future! That's the motto of MULTI.engineering, a leading engineering player in the maritime sector for more than 25 years. Our clients are active in six different markets; Yachting, Dredging, Commercial & Workboats, Offshore, Leisure & Naval. We offer strong, flexible and innovative solutions to our clients' engineering challenges through concept and basic design, detail engineering, newbuilds, refits & conversions, project management, piping & mechanical support, structural & outfitting support, supervision, FEED studies, Research & Development and feasibility studies.
At MULTI.engineering, commitment is of utmost importance: sharing the drive to successfully complete projects together with our colleagues. In other words, engagement. Why? Because it is MULTI.engineering's ambition to be a preferred engineering partner for our clients. An ambition we can only realise when we have a close-knit team of satisfied employees. We therefore pay a lot of attention to good employment practices, so that all of our team members are happy with MULTI.engineering as an employer.
We want to continue to grow each day, and that is why we are looking to reinforce our team.
What are we looking for?
An ambitious, enthusiastic Business Development & Sales Engineer, with experience in engineering projects within the maritime sector.
What does the job entail?
- You actively search for new clients and projects.
- You are the commercial point of contact for existing and new clients. You are responsible for building and maintaining a network of clients and suppliers, and you propose new services to clients.
- You lead sales pitches, technical & commercial clarifications and contract negotiations.
- You lead the quotation process. With the support of engineering, you are responsible for the technical and commercial preparation of quotations.
- You are responsible for making sure all information in the Customer Relationship Management system is up to date.
- You are responsible for the contract close-out and client feedback.
- You follow-up of tenders/opportunities regularly.
- Together with our marketing partner, you increase the brand awareness and visibility of MULTI.engineering.
- You represent MULTI.engineering at (inter)national trade fairs and seminars.
- You report directly to the Design & Engineering Office Manager.
Who are you?
- You have a Master of Science degree, preferably in a maritime or mechanical engineering field or equivalent through experience.
- You have a strong technical background and you have commercial or technical experience in the maritime sector.
- You combine persuasiveness with a healthy dose of people skills and humour.
- You derive energy from establishing and maintaining relationships.
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently. Do you also speak French? Then that's definitely a plus.
- You preferably live in the Breda-Antwerp-Rotterdam region.
- You are willing to travel frequently internationally.
What can you expect from us?
- You will receive a good salary, in line with your education and experience, supplemented with non-statutory benefits.
- You will join a great team that not only realises professional projects, but also enjoys a joint 'lunch at the office', team outings, a game of ping pong or, for the real sports enthusiasts, participation in the Titan Run.
- You can count on intensive personal guidance from management, HR and colleagues.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in personalised training courses and you can also take advantage of our range of open training courses.