Senior piping designer with experience in shipbuilding
MULTI.engineering attaches a lot of importance to being a good employer, because satisfied employees are the key to a successful organization. Within our family environment you work closely with your colleagues who have the drive to realize projects successfully. We want to continue growing every day, and also offer you that opportunity. We look at what the future will need and set our ambitions accordingly. We attach importance to reliability, involvement, freedom and flexibility.
The business unit Maritime & Offshore has offices in Belgium, The Netherlands and Slovakia. We are currently looking for a senior piping designer for our own Design and Engineering Office in Vlissingen, The Netherlands.
Tasks & responsibilities
As a senior piping designer, you are part of the team that focuses on maritime projects within the field of piping and mechanics. You will collaborate one on one with your team leader and your skills will take the projects to a higher level.
- You are responsible for the correct interpretation of the scope;
- You draw and design 3D piping models, P&ID’s and lay-out drawings;
- You participate in the concept development, basic and detail design;
- You compose the necessary tie in lists and isometrics.
You cooperate on engineering projects but you are also involved the stages before and after. You guard the quality of these projects by making use of our MULTI methodology.
Technical knowledge & soft skills
- You minimally have a bachelor degree in Maritime Engineering or equal with experience;
- You are a design specialist who has minimally 5 years of relevant experience in the design of piping and mechanical technics;
- You are experienced with the drawing software Cadmatic-Piping;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch is a plus;
- Furthermore you are someone who gets energy of a driven atmosphere where colleagues support each other and where your own contribution is appreciated;
- You like to take initiative and have a good sense of humour.
Our offer to you
- Good salary according to education and experience with secondary benefits;
- You will have the chance to work on challenging projects;
- You will join a team that organizes extra activities like the monthly ‘lunch at the office’;
- A lot of attention will be given to your personal guidance by your Lead Engineer and HR from a both technical and personal point of view.
- You can participate to several customized trainings and join the open training offer of Multi.