Ship Maintenance Specialist with writing skills
MULTI.engineering is convinced that engineers and technical specialists define our future. Within our engineering community our employees work closely together with their colleagues. We empower our teams to take ownership for projects with the goal to turn the smart ideas of our clients into reality.
We aim to strengthen our role as the preferred engineering partner for our employees and clients and we offer you the opportunity to be part of that mission. We are currently looking to increase our team with a Ship Maintenance Specialist with writing skills active in the Shipbuilding market with a focus on naval ships, working vessels and mega-yachts. These specialists work at our own or our clients offices in the Southern part of The Netherlands and Belgium.
Tasks & responsibilities
During the lifecycle of a ship, it is vital that all installations and systems are continuously up-and-running. The risk for break-downs or temporary inactivity has to be reduced to a minimum. As a Ship Maintenance Specialist with writing skills, you make sure that all ship systems are analysed and that maintenance plans are written and developed. Your goal is to realise the total ILS work scope within time and budget and to make sure that all HSE-Q policies and procedures are taken into account.
ILS services include Logistic Support Analyses (LSA) including ARM and LCC calculations, FMECA’s, purchase & supply support, documentation, training and transfer of technology. Specific tasks and responsibilities for an individual will depend on his/her experience and interest.
You can be involved in drafting and reviewing of ILS proposals, but also will work on improving and developing ILS products, processes and methodologies. You are continuously critical about the content you are working on. In some cases, the specialist will be involved in maintaining communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Technical knowledge & soft skills
- You preferably have five years’ experience in the shipbuilding or shipping industry;
- Either you have relevant experience with maintenance on board of ships or in an industrial environment or you have experience in the development and execution of ILS packages;
- You have a bachelor degree with a technical focus or equal based on work experience;
- You are familiar with or interested to learn FME(C)A’s;
- Years of sailing as a mariner is a plus;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written);
- A good understanding of Dutch, Spanish or German is a plus;
- You have European citizenship and can present a statement of good conduct;
- You work proactive, precise and you have great documenting skills;
- You are willing to travel and work abroad for limited periods of time.
Our offer to you
- Good salary with secondary benefits in line with your education and work experience;
- You will have the chance to work on sensational projects and to be part of the Multi family;
- A lot of attention will be given to your personal guidance by HR focussing on your personal evolution;
- You can participate to several customized trainings and join the open training programme of Multi.