We are currently looking to increase our team with a Specification Engineer with experience in shipbuilding (freelancers also welcome)
Luckily, we can count on you for the following:
As a design engineer within the Marine department, you will be responsible for making functional specifications for suppliers and subcontractors.
- You will perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers.
- You will be able to engage in technical discussions with competing suppliers of the same product/system to provide a good starting point for the commercial negotiations.
- Integrate the delivered systems into the design with other departments, supplier or owner.
- Provide input and updates for the engineering database such as purchase orders, parts and metadata.
- Verify technical performance of products and systems. Like for example inspecting of equipment at a supplier premises.
As a specification engineer, your other responsibilities will include performing calculations, making technical documentation, supply support for commissioning activities and guarantee quality of designs.
You can be involved in ensuring a good working relationship with representatives of suppliers and subcontractors, but also work on improving and developing processes and methodologies.
Do you have it in you?
- During lunch breaks but also during technical meetings we see you speaking English fluently.
- Shipbuilding is a passion for you. We can see this in your education. (Marine, Mechanical,..)
- You have an EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa
- You have (practical) experience with marine and mechanical systems in ships or offshore installations.
- Communication is a strength of you.
Nice to have
- You preferably have two years’ experience in the shipbuilding or shipping industry.
- A good understanding of German is a plus and you excellent knowledge of the English language (spoken and written).
Someone who has sailed or has a nautical background is ideally suited for this. But all candidates are welcome!
What do we offer you?
- In return for your hard work, we offer you a salary based on experience and education.
- Option to work from home
- We see your professional growth as a win-win situation. Today you can receive training on effective communication, tomorrow on Microsoft office, the day after...
- A morning bird or long sleeper? No problem because we have sliding hours.
Are you interested in knowing more about this job position? I would like to hear from you!
(32) 488 45 36 27