Team Leader Piping with shipbuilding experience
MULTI.engineering attaches a lot of importance to being a good employer, because satisfied employees are the key to a successful organization. Within our family environment you work closely with your colleagues who have the drive to realize projects successfully. We want to continue growing every day, and also offer you that opportunity. We look at what the future will need and set our ambitions accordingly. We attach importance to reliability, involvement, freedom and flexibility.
The business unit Maritime & Offshore has offices in Belgium, The Netherlands and Slovakia. We are currently looking for a Team Leader Piping with shipbuilding experience for our own Design and Engineering Office in Vlissingen or Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands.
Tasks & responsibilities
As a Team Leader Piping with shipbuilding experience, you manage all team-members in the follow-up and efficient execution of projects within the field of piping and mechanics and you are the main contact point with the client for discussion on technical level.
- Project planning: generate and keep up-to-date the partial project planning of the team as part of the overall planning. Take corrective actions in case of planning deviations, in coordination with the Project Manager;
- Budget: follow-up and analyse the project working hours. Watch over the continuity of the project and optimize the efficiency of the project.
- Project execution: start-up of the subproject with an internal kick-off. Manage, plan and follow-up the team work packages. Overlook the correct implementation of the project scope. Make clear arrangements in the division of tasks between the team-members. Manage and coach the team members during the project. Discuss of organizational and substantive information and questions with the client, in accordance with the Project Manager. Organise regular consultation of the team-members for feedback.
- Quality: guard the global quality in form and content of the team-work-packages. Be attentive to possible improvement trajectories during the project. Organize and make available existing knowledge and information within the Design & Engineering Office. Maintain and expand the individual knowledge and expertise.
Technical knowledge & soft skills
- You minimally have a bachelor degree in Mechanical/shipbuilding or equal;
- You minimally have five years of work experience, preferably in a team leading role with a focus on piping or mechanics;
- Knowledge of Cadmatic-outfitting is a plus but not a must;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of Dutch language is a plus;
- Furthermore you are someone who gets energy of a driven atmosphere where colleagues support each other and where your own contribution is appreciated;
- You are flexible and willing to work in our own Design & Engineering Offices as well as at the location of the customer;
- You like to take initiative and have a good sense of humour.
Our offer to you
- Good salary according to education and experience with secondary benefits;
- You will have the chance to work on challenging projects;
- You will join a team that organizes extra activities like the monthly ‘lunch at the office’;
- A lot of attention will be given to your personal guidance by your Lead Engineer and HR from a both technical and personal point of view;
- You can participate to several customized trainings and join the open training offer of Multi.